Maxtor 160 Gb Sata Hard Drive On An Asus K8v Se Deluxe M.b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get windows xp installed on my new system but it keeps telling me that it can't find a hard drive on my system. I have used the motherboard cd to make a sata driver disk and I have pressed F6 at the beginning of the XP cd loading. I have chosen the WINXP Promise driver, it loads it I press enter then I press enter again to install windows and it says that there is NO HARD DRIVE. WHAT THE CRAP! Can someone give me some help. I have 4 serial ata ports on the motherboard. 2 of which have "pri sata" & "sec sata" written. The other 2 have "sata1" & "sata2" written. Is there a certain one that I should plug into? HELP! Should I use the power adapter for the SATA DRIVE or just the regular power cable? ANY help would be great thanks!

With SATA, there are 2 POST's. First is BIOS. 2nd is SATA. Enter the 2nd by pressing a key. Refer to manual. Add the new drive there. Save and reboot.

Try these instead (worked for me)

D:\Drivers\VIARAID\6420RAID\DriverDisk there should be a make disk option here, i used this and it seems fine, hope this helps XD

There are 4 SATA ports on the motherboard. Two powered by the VIA southbridge, the two others by the Promise controller. Find out on which you've plugged your HDD & use the proper drivers accordingly.

Yes

If you follow the directory i posted it should take you to the folder you need (asuming we have the same cd)

I looked on the cd and I see what you were talking about. I will try those drivers.

As far as which ports I have the HD attached to....I tried both the sata1 and the pri sata. So I think when I used the promise drivers for both ports one should have worked. But I will go home and try these new drivers. Thanks for the help.

If anyone knows which ports are promise and which are via. Please let me know. Thanks!!

Motherboard manunal

Your motherboard manual should have a few clear diagrams showing what is what. Wouldnt be able to tell you myself :/ sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back