TechSpot

Maxxter Microphone is Picking up Sound from Headset

By RickyMan3000
Mar 18, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. So, to get the easy thing out of the way, this is what I tried already:

- Disabling microphone booster (Works, but mic is to quiet. So MIC booster is required)
    - Using other headphones (Also works, but is really annoying, wanne fix this)
    - Muting all other sounds (Dident work)

I got these PC specs on Windows 8.1:
    Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1,50GHz 1.50 GHz
    Installed RAM 6,00 GB
    64-BIT operating system, x64 based processor

Ill explain the problem:
    If purchased a headset, its from Maxxter and it is really good! Only problem is that is I skype with my friend, then can here everything from music to games! All the sound that I am hearing, they are hearing to! Only thing they dont hear is themself! If tested this on different people, and like I sad, with a other pair it doesent happen.

I need to fix this, cause im a youtuber and that is so annoying! So please respond fast!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Disabling microphone booster (Works, but mic is to quiet. So MIC booster is required)... You may be over-driving the mic. You can't turn up the mic through Windows instead of using MIC BOOSTER?

nickc likes this.
  3. RickyMan3000

RickyMan3000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well! I am using the windons mic booster and its on 24 DB! If I lower it to 12 it still happens and when I disable it it stops but mic is to queit!

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

What about turning up the mic in Windows, without mic booster installed at all?

5. RickyMan3000

RickyMan3000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am using windows! No mic booster at all. Windows has an option to boost your mic! Its a setting of WINDOWS

6. KDelphi

KDelphi TS Rookie

RickyMan is right (continuing miseries of Windows--I cant afford an Apple)