Mcafee 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

I currently have Mcafee 2007 for free since it comes free with Comcast High Speed Internet. I ran a scan on my computer and it seems to have caught less viruses then what my previous anti-virus AVG did, but caught more spyware then AVG anti spyware did. Should I stick with Mcafee or go back to AVG?

Thanks for the reply, Tmagic650.

I going back to AVG for 2 reasons now.

One, becuase the Mcafee makes my computer unable to load my internet drivers properly, and two because you suggest it.

Yes,
McAfee is major bloatware just like Symantec is now... Microsoft has a utility called Live OneCare. It is used in the new Vista but it works in XP too. I use it. It has to be configured properly for each computer. It contains antivirus, antispyware, antiMalware and a backup utility. It is not free ($49.95) after a 90-day trial.

Joawro said:
seems to have caught less viruses then what my previous anti-virus AVG did, but caught more spyware then AVG anti spyware did. Should I stick with Mcafee or go back to AVG?
You should stop downloading viruses and spyware,that`s what you should do !! ;)
Security programs should only be a back up to net savvy,not the only defense.

AVG is free and light.

"...it seems to have caught less viruses then what my previous anti-virus AVG did, ..."

You need an anti-virus program that is configured correctly, updated frequently and will keep viruses "OFF" your system. You shouldn't be comparing programs to see which finds the "most."

While some spyware/adware is "find and fix", the anti-virus program is "prevent."

"One, becuase the Mcafee makes my computer unable to load my internet drivers properly, and two because you suggest it"...

This is one of the main reasons to stay away from McAfee and Norton. They are way too invasive

I use NOD32. Seems to work pretty good. Doesn't use too many resources and generally behaves. I used to swear by Norton & McAfee; now I swear at them. Way too big & hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back