McAfee doesn't seem to be a nicer on my PC than Norton...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I have this antivirus process MCShield.exe running which reminds me of CCProxy.exe in Norton. It's use of the CPU is too high for my liking even at around 10-15%. It goes up incrementally, the more IE windows I have open. It's as if it can't protect all windows/sites at the same time and repeats itself, adding, adding and adding. Anyone agree?
I don't suppose there's a way of solving this, without uninstalling?

IMHO, McAfee is almost as bad as Norton. They are both bloatware and slowdown your machine.

The best advice I can give you is to download the free AVG antivirus programme from HERE and the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE.

Disconnect from the net and uninstall McAfee and reboot your computer. Install Zonealarm, followed by AVG and reboot your computer. Run the AVG updates.

You may be surprised at how much quicker your system is.

Regards Howard :)

I will have to second Howards comments there. McAfee is just as bad if not worse in some cases. Best thin to do is look into thos programs that were suggested above.

I find it amazing every day that I find out about another open source/freeware program that do just as good or even a better job then programs that you usually will have to pay a pretty penny for.

Thanks as usual Howard, will be soon uninstalling this "bloatware". My fan runs more with McAfee with Norton, which is not what I wanted. I will probably go through every program before accepting that you are right, those two programs look very good. ZA and AVG. Oh there goes my fan again;) Thanks again Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back