McAfee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chivas

So, what's your opinion on it? I have a Toshiba LapTop with this antivirus, however the 60 day trial expired... should I buy it or just uninstall it and install AVG and other antivirus?

If I uninstall it... is there a tool or something to make everything from it is removed?

Thanks.

McAfee removal?

I have installed AVG and have slowed the machine down considerably, this computer had a trial version of McAfee installed on it (Dell). Is there any specific removal tools for McAfee?
Thanks for anyones help

get rid of it and install a free antivirus like AVG or norton corporate (if you're a Federal employee), or Kaparsky.

No need to pay for an anti-virus. That's foolish when there are free ones out there.

never install more than 1 antivirus at a time.

USE CCleaner to get rid of programs and repair your registry- also free.

tis so true, paying for virus definitions is just appalling to me. :blackeye: AVG FTW! :bounce: I always get many people saying 'I'd rather buy one then get a free one, you get what you paid for" But in the case of AV software all paid and FREE ones aren't perfect at all. I don't think there are any benefits between a paid one (like norton) and free one (like avg), except for the massive bloat resource drainage that is Norton if you consider that a benefit. :rolleyes: Just as long you keep your AV up to date (free or paid) your good to go! :)

As much as I hate most commercial software, and love all teh fantastic freeware out there, I do use McAfee for my AV. That said, it's the VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 that we have at work, and I think perhaps that the home editions are a lot different full of bloat and the like....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back