TechSpot

McDonald's to serve Wi-Fi with burgers

By Julio Franco
Jan 7, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT has announced a deal with McDonald's for the fast-food chain to offer wireless Internet access at its restaurants throughout the UK

BT Group will announce on Wednesday an alliance with McDonald's to equip the fast-food restaurant chain with high-speed wireless, or Wi-Fi, Internet access throughout the United Kingdom.

Read more: ZDNet.
  2. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

Yummy...Big Mack sounds good about now....
  3. ak_in_charge

ak_in_charge TS Rookie Posts: 137

Oh wow I've always wanted to sit at a Mcdonalds and surf the web at the same time...:p I feel bad for people who can't be without the internet long enought to go eat at Mcdonalds.

Apologies if I affended anyone:blush:
  4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Awesome.

"Would you like some WiFi with your fries?"

I'd probably go into Mickey D's just for free WiFi.

Oh and I wonder what kind of internet content filter they will have set up. Heaven forbid a family restaurant like McDonald's would have uncensored internet! :eek:
  5. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 382

Bizarre, here in Argentina that's no news at all, there are Mcdonalds with computers and nintendo64s
    Though, the internet used is not wireless, but broadband instead (512k or 1mb i think)
  6. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 1,040

Nice... now we've got greasy keyboards!:eek:
  7. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 382

oh so true...:dead:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.