Me again with a problem it sounds basic but when you read you will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

domanicbland

well this problem sounds basic but i have already tried all the usual things well

Every now and then either when i power my computer off or i restart it it says

boot from cd

disk boot failure insert system disk then press enter

i have tried changeing the boot device priority to boot from hard disk first and that didny work

i have disabled my floppy drive

there are no disks in my cd rom

when it does this i keep powering the computer off and on and it keeps doing it so i keep powering it off and then it starts normally after a few times of powering off is there anything anyone could sugest to fix this i was thinking about doing a automated system recovery and fixing the boot but i didnt no whether or not to do it anyhelp i would appreciate

Could be the disk takes too long to spin up - usually you can set a detect time in Bios (for IDE) to make the system wait for the disk to be detected or get running.

how would i no what to change how could i tell and is it in the cmos what am i looking for and thankyou for your help earlier it help and worked please could you tell me what i am looking for and is it in cmos cheers

i have searched on google and the knowlege base for how to configure detect time in Bios (for IDE) and i cannot find anything please could anyone assist m for how to do this and what to lookout owt for cheers any help will be appreciated

Accessing Bios should be covered in your manual.

Setting IDE detect time would also.

Don't have a manual? Then, identify the make and model of your computer and go to the manufacturer site and download the manual.

Home built? Go to the manufacturer of your motherboard and get the manual.

Not sure - download and run Everest Home and look under Computer-Summary for the id: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back