me n00b here

By somekid007
Jun 20, 2003
  1. hi all,

i jus joined here after spending a while in ziff davis media forum at extemetech and pc mag. i jus joined here to see wut it is like.
    btw, extremetech is a rilli good forum and i went from abssolute n00b last summer to knowing quite a bit from there. i hope i will pick up alot more knowledge here during my prolonged summer break.

i've been an intel fanboy ever since i got me pentium 166 system so all you amd fans try not to give me a hard time k? im only 14 =)

i still have a lot of knowledge to pick up and i hope this is the place!
  2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

Sound the alarm!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Welcome to TechSpot.

Few hints about TechSpot:

1. Don't use excessive periods "......."
    2. Don't pay attention to anyone here.
    3. The search option is very useful, you'll probably find that lots of questions have been asked and answered here.
    4. When asking questions make sure you give us enough information, like the type of hardware that you have, version of drivers, nature of problem and description.
    5. Wear a cup at all times.
    6. Use spell check.

Do all of the above and I'm sure you will love TS :). It is the only forum I participate in, other than the occasional Rage3D (but everytime I post there I end up smacking someone upside the head for being a embacil) :D

Look forward to seeing your participate.
  3. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

No offense bud, but another tip: Spell checking. jus, wut, and rilli aren't good things to use. Might offend some of the older folks, you know. ;)

Really though, just keep your wits about you, ignore it if someone calls you a fool, ask lotsa questions, and you can learn lots here. I've been working in computers a while and I find stuff to learn.

Welcome to TS!
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

There are a couple of lads your age who frequently hang out in TS. Don't feel uncomfartable about your age. Hope you enjoy your stay!
  6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Originally posted by acidosmosis
    As the song says "you had to be there" to get that one. LOL.
  7. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Old guys????? Yeh, whatch tha spellin.............som us ole guys don like that kinda stuf............. Just kidding. Welcome to TechSpot.
  8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I hope you enjoy your stay. And don't be afraid to ask questions, or try to help others. If you don't know the correct answer, but might have an idea post it. Someone might correct you, but that is another learning experience.
  9. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Welcome yo, Im 14 and I fit in well - or so i think ;)

BTW, Acid, your post was hilarious...
  10. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

You don't fit in agissi, we just put up with you ;)

Seriously though, there are a lot of good people here and we hope to continue through the learning experience, both young and old can learn together, regardless of spelling and overpunctuation :D
  11. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Well Thanks alot Arris! Doesnt that just make me feel grand...
  12. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

:) ah good stuff man :grinthumb , made me chuckle a little bit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.