Mechanical keyboard reccomendation

By Classified1
Jul 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey there everyone, I am looking to buy a nice mechanical keyboard to use for gaming and such. The problem is, is that I am lost on what I should get and what switches are best for me. Currently I have a wireless logitec keyboard and I am sick of it, it misses a bunch of keystrokes, it has a very squishy feel the the keypresses, and it runs on triple A batteries which is quite a hassle.

I am unable to experience or feel all the different switch types for preference, but I can only imagine how they would feel, for example blue is like a mouseclick, brown is like a mouseclick except you can press it further than it has too, and black and red are smooth key hits except black takes more force if I am correct.

I feel as if I would prefer blue or brown the most because of the easy feedback it gives and it would be probably easier for me to break into.

I also know that ps/2 wire is the best for key rollovers rather than usb and my computer does support ps/2. I am looking for a nice keyboard between 80-110 dollars that suites its purpose, is durable, and a little eye candy wouldn't hurt either.

I am eyeing this one right now, what do you people think of it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129021
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

Here are some options:
    • Steelseries 6GV2
    • Coolermaster Quickfire XT
    • Razer Black Widow 2013
    • Logitech G710+
    • Corsair Raptor K50
    There are plenty more options, but these are the best.
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,383   +607

4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.