Mechanical keyboards not for gaming

You'll have to forgive me if I've put this in the wrong forum, I'm very new here.
I don't mind the "gaming" label, I know it attracts more attention, but I just like mechanical keyboards. So loud and satisfying. I, however, am not looking for a crazy backlit, metal-capped foldable contraption. I just want a mechanical keyboard. I can't find much of this description on any website really, not even on Amazon (or I'm just blind).
My preferred switches, if it matters, are cherry mx greens.

I haven't really looked in a decade or so, but the big names in high end keyboards before it became a craze in gaming circles were Cherry, Diatech (Filco), Torpe and Matthias. Plus a few derivatives like the Cherry-derived Das Keyboard and Fujitsu's HHKB Pro that used the Torpre mechanics. I guess there are a few more around these days though.

Thanks, I'll take another look around. A lot of the ones I saw from Corsair or Razer had those RGB LEDs and and textured WASD keys... things I just don't want or need. In addition to that, the prices were insane.

Thanks, I'll take another look around. A lot of the ones I saw from Corsair or Razer had those RGB LEDs and and textured WASD keys... things I just don't want or need. In addition to that, the prices were insane.

Prices are high and always have been, they're a luxury item bought because they're nice rather than a sensible economic choice. If you use it a lot then it's still much cheaper per hour than most other things, especially as they're generally well built and last for a decade or more.

Back