TechSpot

medal of honor allied assault probs

By richard1
Nov 5, 2003
  1. Can you help, I have been trying to install MOHAA onto my pc again(already played it but want to again), but when the instal gets to 76% finished, a window comes up with an error box that says :-
    File Q:/main/pak2.pk3
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check) .

Any ideas. cheers

2. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

That indicates either a damaged CD, dirty CD, or a CDROM drive that doesn't read dirty discs well.

3. richard1

richard1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, I will try it out ASAP. I obviously don't understand computer jargon as well as you.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Try using a laser cleaner on the drive and see if that fixes it. Or check the CD and make sure there aren't smudges on it, and if there are simply wipe them off, but be careful not to scratch it.

5. richard1

richard1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry for the long delay, but I thought I would try a couple of times, and guess what. The cd lens cleaner didn't work.
    Any other ideas ????

6. ErikR

ErikR TS Rookie

try disabling antivirus programs when installing

We had the same problem installing MOHAA (File Q:/main/pak2.pk3) when installing w/out disabling Norton AV and Internet Security. For some reason, Norton IS came back on after only a few minutes, and seems to have caused the problem a second time, even though we disabled it for "1 hour", so keep an eye on it.

7. James102

James102 TS Rookie

I'm having the same problem as Richard, i have mcafee security center on mine and i've disabled antivirus since its all thats installed. and i still have the same problem

8. celticsaberist

celticsaberist TS Rookie

Is anybody having problems with the game freezing up, and then crashing to desktop or restarting? Also, has anybody has the game picture turn to light blue after a few minutes of playing so that you can only see the ground?
    -Geoff

9. martink

martink TS Rookie

MOHAA_Warchest Compilation_Game Crash!! & Freeze!!

:hotbounce ..yes im quite a way into the game, but suddenly started to crash and freeze my pc up!...and all i wanna do is get to the next mission!
    Im in the town where the snipers are at the point it keeps freezing up!
    I set the game to the automatic detect graphics since installing it!
    Ive got The latest direct X & Graphics drivers.
    My system:
    Win 2000 SP4
    ATI Radeon 9600
    512 Meg RAM

Any Help EA???....mmmmhhhh

P.S Might try disabling Norton Antivirus!...

10. MOHAAmaniac

MOHAAmaniac TS Rookie

Can not uninstall MOHAA

I installed my MOHAA on a computer and now I cant get it off. When I try it prompts a message that says repair, modify, delete. I delete it and it just says maintinance has finished and thats it. If anyone could help that would be awesome. I'm going crazy not being able to play my game. puke: :eek:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.