Media player lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently my windows media player has been starting to lag a lot. I can play 1 mp3 just fine, but after the player is running, when I select another mp3, my pc has to do like a minute of thinking before it will play. And the task manager thinks it is not responding. I tried using Creative Mediasource player. And that works fine, but I cant make it the defaul player for everything.
AVG virus scan and Spybot S&D both say my computer is clean. I have WMP 10 and SP 2. I have had both of them for a while now and this just started happening.

On a side not, is there a way I can make a non WMP player the complete default player? Like so my multi-keyboard can control it. And so Right-click -> Play or Right Click -> Add to Playlist will use the Creative player and not WMP.

I am about fed up with WMP 10 and it's crap. I tried the rollback to 9 and that did not solve anything.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you click start then programme access and defaults then the customise button you can set which media player you wish to use as the default player.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back