Media players close whenever I play Mp3's or video's

By emcsquared
Jan 27, 2006
  1. Can you guys give me some advice? Everytime I try to play a song or a video my media players just open then close.???? I have Window's media player 10 and real player and they are both doing it. I tryed to do a system restore, but I have no restore dates since the new year and it won't let me go before that. I could use the VAIO recovery wizard, but I have a lot of stuff I don't want to lose. Do you guys know what's going on here? I have a Sony VAIO VGC-RA830G.
  2. djleyo

djleyo TS Rookie Posts: 42

try this

first unistall the media player from your computer make sure if its an upgrade from mediaplayer 9 olso remove that ****restart your computer

then go to microsoft : http:\\

install it back on reboot your computer that happened to me one time and it resolveed it
  3. emcsquared

emcsquared TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I go to my add or remove programs thing windows media player doesn't show up on there. It does the same thing when I use realplayer too.
  4. djleyo

djleyo TS Rookie Posts: 42

ok then in this case go to program files in your hard drive remove all remaining folder or files if any and then download the file from microsoft
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.