TechSpot

Mediafire now offering 1TB cloud storage for $5, early birds get 50% off

1. A few weeks after Google drastically dropped the price for storage on Google Drive, offering 1 TB for just $9.99 a month, popular online file storage service Mediafire is announcing that it will be offering 1 TB cloud storage for just...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,053

Personally I wouldn't consider their most generous offer even for a second. All these companies want us to use cloud storage so one of these days we should be getting it all for free. Most of us, myself included already get 13 GB and 10 GB from Google and MS respectively for free and the only thing I have stored in that space are my emails which don't take up more than a few MB. I really don't have any use for cloud storage at the moment.

3. If it had lan sync I bought it immediately. But unfortunately that's not true.

4. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

I like MediaFire - aside from a few times where their service went out they've been very dependable.

The only think I would like to see from them is a way to link pictures to other websites. Once ImageShack stabbed us all in the back I was hoping MediaFire could pick up the slack. Instead I had to go with Dropbox for image-linking.

So now I have Google Drive, Dropbox, and Mediafire - all split because I use their clouds for slightly different services, and all have different login credentials. sigh* - I wish I could just use one service.

5. 1TB for $5? Pfft. Tencent's cloud is way better than Mediafire. Why is it better? Because it offer 10TB for free.

6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

It's only better if you don't mind the entire interface written in Chinese and also don't mind the Chinese holding your data.

7. Fortunately, they offer an English version of it and my data is already encrypted so I'm not worried about the Chinese holding mine.

Darth Shiv likes this.
  8. Something tells me that China has less interest in my files than the US government.