Mega Dvd Rw Problems

By Harley
Nov 3, 2006
  1. Hello first ever post for me.
    I am having major problems with my _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A. Its the only drive i have on my computer and its giving me the SH!TS. I went to install a program jus overcoming a problem with my monitor, it said hello to the fist and thankfully it decided to work lol. But yes back to the story i inserted a DvD and waited for autoplay to work but nothink happened. The busy light on my computer and on my dvd drive syncronised, which told me that it does know its there, but i go to My Computer and no drive comes up. I went to Device manager and it had a big yellow ! over the drive. I clicked on it and under device status it read:
    A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I clicked on trouble shoot but it kept looping me round again and again with the uninstalling of the driver and making me reinstall but it just dosnt want to work. I cant update the firmware either because the program cant find my DvD drive. Im clueless, I usually fix these situations myself but Im sunk with this one.

Your help is much appreciated and if you need aditional information on my system just ask

Cheers,, HARLEY!
  2. Harley

Harley TS Rookie Topic Starter

Never mind peoples, turns out pinnacle studio got itself mixed up in the installation a while ago and cause the dvd driver the malfunction. A quick unistall of the program solved the issue and now i have a dvd burner
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.