Mega Slow-Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNTInTraining

Im running a 256mb vid card and 2 gigs of ram and its to the point i cant play smoe of the simplest games or have too many tabs open. Ran SBS&D and still not working well at all. Any suggestions?

Let`s make sure your problem isn`t caused by viruses/spyware etc.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment, I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of CNTInTraining only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

make sure u have a good spyware and virus protection, (good spyware protection is webroot and good virus protection is avast) and also u can go to start then run and type in msconfig then click start up and clear the startup items.

lol proccess was hell of an expirience for me being only 16 :confused: but got it done i think it should be attached:giddy:

didnt see it there srry if it is and for double post

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager
RXToolBar\Semantic Insight

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SemanticInsight.exe
mxrvjdx.exe
ViewMgr.exe
lstoyw.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,mxrvjdx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SemanticInsight] C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\Semantic Insight\SemanticInsight.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kkxgyu] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lstoyw.exe reg_run

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [hhfha] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lstoyw.exe reg_run

O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lstoyw.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Program Files\RXToolBar
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,mxrvjdx.exe

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of CNTInTraining only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back