Memory card stuck in reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a memory stick pro duo and someone stuck it in my computers card reader slot without using the adapter thingy to make it fit! :dead: (see example here

The card has slid all the way to the back of the reader. I did try using a tweezer like most people used to solve their problem, but i bought 3 different sized tweezers and they don't fit because the card has went above the rail that you slide it in.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

If you don't understand what i mean, i can take a picture and attach it. Just ask.

Thank you

Take the picture, but you might have to get some micro tools to take this out. Let me see how close you can take a micro image of what you have to work with...

Take the card reader out and give it a good old shake. Maybe the memory card will fall out or, at the very least move near enough the front of the slot for you to be able to get at it.

Regards Howard :)

You`re quite right mate, it may be stuck inside, but it`s probably worth a try and the easiest thing I could think of. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Were u able to remove the memory stick from ur reader?

My cousin put it in without using the reader and I have no idea how to remove it.

If u did remove ,plz let me know how.

To remove it just push it in and it pops out.. If that works you're okay! If not continue reading.. If in there you need to take it apart or pull it out with special micro needlenoise plyers. Any hardware would carry though.

Eureka!!

Ok so its abit late but this still may help those who have got there memory card stuck in the reader and need help to get it out without going to a repair shop.

Right, i got a memory stick pro duo stuck in the reader of my toshiba laptop. Again like others i tried the tweezers but this did not work so i took drastic measures. I got 2 paper clips and added a little amount of super glue to them and inserted them above and below the memory card. I left it for a minute and pulled back ..... this did not work. So the solution......

This time i used two safety pins and with pliers i bent the sharp end slightly to create a tooth like end to the pin. Again i inserted these two pins above and below the memory card and dug them into the card slightly. I pulled back and eureka the memory card followed and even though it was right at the back of the reader it was out!!!

So to those who have a memory card (probably a pro duo one) stuck in the reader, no matter how far in, that is the way to get it out!! and the reader works completly fine even after the superglue, tweezers and pins!!

the magic paper clip

the paperclip ALWAYS comes to the rescue. just undo half of a paper clip so that you can still hold on to a part of it and have the other part poking into the reader.

SIMPLEST thing ever. Just move the memory card from side to side. Slowly but surely does the card come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back