memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widely available. You need DDR PC2700. Available at www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.crucial.com, and others. www.zipzoomfly.com is the least expensive and offers free shipping, but will only take returns for defective items.
The Acer Aspire 3000 came with 512 MB removable in two banks of 256 MB. There are two memory banks. The maximum it will take is 2 GB or 2,048 MB. Modules are available as 256 MB, 512 MB, and 1 GB.
This memory is so common that most resellers will handle it... prices vary greatly.

I always buy my memory upgrades from Crucial, since you can be sure you are buying the right thing (they have a feature on the website to pick your machine out - useful for laptops.) The memory is always a good enough price and the quality is always good. I've never had any complaints.

But if it is a budget issue, ZipZoomFly sells Crucial memory, Corsair, Kingston, with a lifetime warranty.
The memory for the DDR PC2700 is 266, 333, or 400 mhz and is backward compatible, so there is little risk of a mistake.
The difference between Crucial and Directron, or Zip Zoom Fly is significant... $15.09 per 512 MB module, and $20.80 for the 1 GB module... due partially to the shipping.
There are a lot of junk memory sites online, but you will never have difficulties with Directron or ZipZoomFly or Crucial... It is merely a dollar difference.

It will work fine if it worked in the old computer, if it is DDR PC2700 and is 266, 333, or 400 MHZ. The computer will work at the speed of the slowest module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back