Memory Compatability Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

Would non compatable memory cause the PSU, MOBO, HDD to fry.
I have a earlier thread on this problem.

I have nailed it down to a PSU.
The memory read fine in post and said OK.

I'ts Kingston Memory. I have always been told the Kingston is a great stable memory. Not good for overclocking/voltage adjustment.

Proof-reading slightly un-really not but completely necessary...I think.....

I'm not claiming to be the best or brightest Techspot has to offer but your post has a little bit of "inconsistency".
If you have if nailed down to a PSU, why is RAM compatibility even an issue? Unless the PC requires proprietary RAM, then Kingston "Value RAM" will pretty much post in almost anything. Will bad RAM take out other parts? Probably only if it's already burned out and short circuited to begin with. The DDR2 spec (stock) is 1.8 Volts. If the board in question is set to another voltage (which other high performance RAM requires), you can possibly damage a lower voltage stock DIMM. Assuming new RAM is what you're talking about, the board is more likely to kill it, rather than the other way around.

I've never had ram blow up any board
I have had a board blow up ram
Kingston is very good to me
same with newegg
the roswell I have heard bad things about
I use supermicro and enermax psu's

A flakey PSU can cause all kind of errors to include false ram errors and/or damage new components.

replace the PSU.

If you do not link to other threads with a question, the vast majority of people will not know the background of your issue unless you state it up front. There are far too many threads here on TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back