Memory dump analysis request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking for some patience in advance, I haven't posted to one of these forums before. My computer is restarting because of system failure and it says (most of the time) that my graphics card is to blame. I just bought it and my system meets the requirements on the box so I don't know what to do... After doing a little research it seems that minidumps will help someone tell me what's going on? I have posted the last five of those here (there's a gagillion from the past two days) and would appreciate any insight to this dilemma. I am about ready to buy a new computer; it's driving me nuts. Thank you so much!

?? Fauly RAM

Your windows are crashed randomly and it is the symptom of hardware error. Reseat memory module to another memory slot. If your windows still crashes, run memtest to stress test ram.

Mini012107-05.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 80592928, a3a19bd4, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpRemoveKeyHash+31 )

Mini012107-06.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 80592928, a29bebd4, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpRemoveKeyHash+31 )

Mini012107-07.dmp BugCheck 100000C5, {0, 2, 1, 80550ae2}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+107 )

Mini012107-08.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {c5f35f1c, 0, 804e8d6a, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiLocateAndReserveWsle+51 )

Mini012207-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {34, 2, 1, 806ffa16}
Probably caused by : mfehidk.sys ( mfehidk+158b8 )

Thank you so much. I am going to try that as soon as I get home (of course I didn't read this until I got to work right?). I really appreciate your help!

Gagillion? Did you mean gajillion?
It appears something is not installed correctly. Remove and reseat all your PCI cards, and your memory modules... with the power unplugged, of course.
Then if still a problem, we will look at other options.
Can you boot to Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing the F8 key as soon as you press the start button?

Everyone is a critic, huh?

Thanks, I'll also try that when I get home but I haven't ever had problems with inserting a PCI card or memory.

I'd also like to point out that I like to do it with the computer powered on; instant gratification.

Hahaha, be nice! I have a problem with my computer, I'm not stupid. =O)

Of course no insult or aspersion is intended. Replies are to the lowest common denominator. See how many people who visit each inquiry seeking clues. Some are true newbies. Replies are often as universal as possible. We have seen many computers come into our shop ruined because of such a simple mistake as not turning it off when they opened the case.

if you installed a new graphics card, did you remove the old drivers and install the newest drivers? The CD doesn't walways have the latest drivers.

If you suspect bad ram, run memtest 86+ booted from a floppy drive. You DO have a floppy drive right? All smart computer users keep one for diagnostic purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back