Memory Dump Blue Screen, & Stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting the physical memory dump and this is the stop error:
0x0000008e (0xc0000005,0x807c660d,0xf745944,0x00000000)
I looked for this particular error on
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
but couldn't find it. I've reformatted several times, and after a few days, this starts happening all over again. Any ideas?
Thanks, in advance,
K

LEEANA said:
I keep getting the physical memory dump and this is the stop error:
0x0000008e (0xc0000005,0x807c660d,0xf745944,0x00000000)
I looked for this particular error on
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
but couldn't find it. I've reformatted several times, and after a few days, this starts happening all over again. Any ideas?
Thanks, in advance,
K

Hi Leeana welcome to the Techspot Forum

When Windows throws up a BSOD then it creates a minidump of the memory this can be used to analyze what is wrong, by default it is turned on, if it isnt follow these steps

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click System.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

To change the folder location for the small memory dump files, type a new path in the Dump File box (or in the Small dump directory box, depending on your version of Windows).

By default the location is %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

Post as many as you have and we will try to give you a pointer as to what is wrong .

Regards

Please help with Stop Errors

I have occassionally had Stop Errors (always 00x00000050) when I would run installations from the internet. That annoyed me, but I would just save them to the hard drive and run them, and it wouldn't occur. Well, last night, while I was listening to music in Media Center, I got the blue screen with a stop error. It surprised me because it's never happened when I wasn't trying to download or run something from the internet. And today, it's been happening multiple times. Just suddenly *poof!* Blue screen.

I rolled back my computer with the System Restore utility to a week ago (when stop errors were few and far between), but I still got more.

Anyway, I'm attaching all my DMP files, starting with the first one from May. I hope that somebody here will be able to descern what's going on and how I can fix this problem.

shadowboxer524 said:
I have occassionally had Stop Errors (always 00x00000050) when I would run installations from the internet. That annoyed me, but I would just save them to the hard drive and run them, and it wouldn't occur. Well, last night, while I was listening to music in Media Center, I got the blue screen with a stop error. It surprised me because it's never happened when I wasn't trying to download or run something from the internet. And today, it's been happening multiple times. Just suddenly *poof!* Blue screen.

I rolled back my computer with the System Restore utility to a week ago (when stop errors were few and far between), but I still got more.

Anyway, I'm attaching all my DMP files, starting with the first one from May. I hope that somebody here will be able to descern what's going on and how I can fix this problem.

Hi

Your dumps all crash with NTOSKRNL.EXE the output from the helpfile says this...

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

Resolving the Problem
Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.

Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it.

Comments
Typically, this address is in freed memory or is simply invalid.

We advise using memtest86 to test your memory and let is pass at least 7 times. Other comments are from the WINDBG help file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back