Memory dump, when turnng off my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please guys tell me what can be the problem and why this happens.

1st i bought new memory 2x512 Team Group PC4000 TCCD

Before i had Gail value 2x512 PC3200

When i had gail everything was ok, but when i puted in also 2nd pair it crashed after doono 1h of playing doono whitch game far cry or cod2.
Than i puted out gail i said mybe they r in conflict. (only team group in)
I checked if i dont play anything it turns off normaly, after playing far cry also, but after COD2 I GET THE ERROR EVERYTIME. WHY ONLY AFTER COD2???

I puted back GAIL and everything works fine.

Do i have to reinstal windows?

Please i need advice.

My spec:
P4 2.8Ghz 1M L2
ASUS P4P800-x
X800pro
( only gfx is overclocked to 500/500)

Are you sure your mobo can handle PC4000 memory? It says here:
DDR SDRAM, PC2100, PC2700, PC3200, Limited
. You definately can't mix PC3200 and 4000. At the very least your memory speed is reduced to 3200 speed, so effectively elimintating your upgrade to 4000 speed.

Hi,

o no, than it means that i cant have it in withouth these problems?

i thought i need these ram for overcloack my cpu

The only thing you might try is visit the ASUS website and see if there is a BIOS update for your mobo and whether it would allow the board to accept PC4000 RAM. Update your motherboard chipset drivers while you're there too.

asus motherboards are very picky about ram. You generally only can use what the motherboard specifies. RTFM

Look point is that this happens only when playing cod2 and it doesnt crash when playing but only when shutting down the computer or restarting. Only cod2, playing far cry is ok, and using other applications is also ok.

Very starnge bug.

and my mobo is updated, only thing there is a beta version of bios but i dont want to put that one, or should i?

Tnx for help guys

no. beta is experimental. Only use beta items if you're willing to accept unwelcome bugs or want to test out a function.

not sure what you mean by COD2. I assume it is a game. I did notice you overclocked your system. Overclocking WILL make systems unstable and WILL shorten component life. By overclocking your graphics card, you are heating it up. Intensive games will heat it even further causing instability and in the worst case, fry your components.

I tried one more thing.
Reinstaling windows and updated it to the last...and now seem everything ok

After playing Call of Duty 2 the computer doesnt dump any more memory.

Maybe there was only a bug in windows doono, hope it wont come back :p

tnx to all
who tried to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back