Memory Problem.. And One More For The Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldude

Hi Pepole
I Got 2 Q.
1. Could The Ram Memory Not Work Well, Even If All The Tests(benchmark)says Its Good?.. My Comp Gets Stuck From Time To Time
Not Over Heating Or Something.. Ive Heard It Could Be A Memory Problam
2. When Using The Norton Ghost Recovery Check Disk, I Get A Meesege That I Have A Ms-ramdrive Marked "z"... Is It Good ? Do I Need It? What Is It????

Thank Youuuuu

A benchmark is not a comprehensive memory test. Use something like memtest86 or memtest86+ to test your RAM

In addition to overheating and bad RAM, your system can hang from any other piece of bad hardware or any kind of bad system software too.

hi nodsu

i tried downloading the program you said. i get a compressed file and when i extract it the folder is empty... i trues it 3 rimes..what can i do?
do you know another program that checks the memory?

Download again? You didn't extract the .iso file, did you? You are supposed to burn that .iso to a CD..

dear nodsu.
when i extract the file ... the outcoming folder is empty.

i downloaded another program called " memtest" is it a good one?(it works in windows, not in boot)

Download it here:
http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.iso.zip

-Extract the .zip file to a location you know, eg the desktop.
-You should end up with a file Memtest86+-1.65.iso

*Note* If you have WinRAR (or similar) installed, it will look like an unzippable archive with nothing inside. Do not open it with WinRAR.

-Go to your favorite CD burning software and create a bootable CD (eg: in Nero go to Create CD from "Disc Image or Saved Project" then pointing to the .ISO file (wherever you've put it). Insert a blank CD into the drive and let it do its magic.

- When finished, leave the CD in the drive and reboot your PC. If you need to press a special button or change some settings to boot from CD then do so.

**If you have multiple sticks of ram (eg: 2x 512MB = 1GB) then take them out so you're left with just the one stick on the primary ram slot.
-Let the program pass for 7 or more tests, and note any errors.
If you do get one, then you have a faulty/incompatible ram.

Please, be patient. This forum runs on the charity of others, and there are people who have responsibilities to perform outside off the net :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back