Memory Problem- PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden, after years of playing with no problem, I cannot play my fav game, Delta FOrce Land Warrior... It starts OK, but 2 seconds after a game begins, I freeze up for 30 seconds or so. Then It comes back, and it happens over and over and over. I have 320 MB Ram, 80 Gig, Pentium 4, so memory shouldnt be a problem. I get a few error messages though- One says "WARNING- your Windows Virtual Memory Swap file is less than the reccomended 140 MB. You may have to reduce detail settings toi play the game". The second message says- E:\DFLSETUP\binkplay.exe- pager initialization error 5- the parameter is incorrect"

I need help please!!! Any ideas??

Thank you!

Bogler aka ^MI^ Bundy

On a Win2000 (and probably also XP) machine, go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/System.
Select "Advanced" tab, Performance options, and under Virtual Memory the "Change" button.
Go through the Drives until you find the one with the Pagefile on it (will tell you in that little window on the right hand side with a size-indication).
Click on that line. The fields Initial and Maximum size will be filled with the size-data from before.
Change both those fields to 500 and click on the "Set" button, then on "OK".
You may have to reboot. That should solve your swap-file errors.

As to binkplay parameters, read the Help or the manual for that game. Perhaps another reader has the solution?

And, by the way, Welcome to Techspot.

Thanks very much, I will try that out.

About the Binkplay , I cant find anything about that on the game, manual, or anywhere on my Comp.

Thanks again

Unfortunately, that didn't work..I set them both to 500, and it still froze within 5 seconds of the game starting. Oh well... lol
Thanks anyway

Hey actually, this is themost recent error I just got...Does this tell me what my problem is??

Error: MMX compatible processor not found
Error: Delta Force Land Warrior requires at least 48MB of RAM
Memory initialization failed, check hard disk space
Unable to find file resources, missing CD?
Unable to load error strings

Wow.. that is really messed, sounds about everything is wrong!!! It doesnt think your cpu supports MMX, doesnt think you have over 48MBs of ram, tells you to check your hard drive space, cant find the files, missing cd, and cant even load the error strings!

Thats nuts!

Have you tryed reinstalling the game? [dont "repair",etc. Uninstall then [re]Install]

the bink thing is the player used for the intro. do you have the no cd patch or any other programs like that installed?i had the no cd patch for it and one day it just went berzerk and wouldnt work. i uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and it worked again.

I have the real game, I dont have any utilities, cheats, trainers, etc..I have tried the unistall, reinstall many times lol, no luck...Man this is frustrating!! I havent played in months!!

Thanks for the help though!

Hey 1 other thing..about the same time the game started messing up, 1 of my CD-ROM drives mysteriously decided to stay open...It will close, but then it immediatley re-opens...Any connection there?>?

Other things to try: clean up all your temporary internet file, clean out the Temp directory, click Start/Run, type in: chkdsk x: /f where x: is your hard-disk (do for all disks), then run a defrag on your disks.

Open your PC and check/reseat all your memory-chips, AGP- and PCI-cards, check that all IDE-cables are properly connected on both mobo and HD/CD/Floppy, check the power-connectors to all drives.

That should keep you busy for a while and should eliminate the basic hardware error-sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back