Memory Stick Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I purchased an 8 gig memory stick since I've upgraded to vista on my laptop so I could use the readyboost system. It worked great for a while but now it says that the drive is almost completely full, yet all that is shown is the actuall boot ex program. Any suggestions?

Hello, RvBFanatic147, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, check that vista is recognising the stick as 8gb, in Computer, right click on it and click properties and see what it says the size is

It recognizes it all right. It just says that out of a possible 7.38 gigs, that 7.37 are full and there are not any files on the drive besides the boot ex, which is supposed to be about 6 kb

ok, open up the memory stick and press Alt, then click on tools > folder options > view and select "show hidden files and folders", ten see if any files show up

I've taken your advice and it still doesn't seem to want to work. I really do appreciate your help. It didn't reveal any hidden folders or anything of the sort. It still just shows the bootex program. Thank you again.

you're welcome :)

the next thing you could try is copying the bootex files onto your pc (you can save them anywhere, desktop is easiest) and format the drive. then you can copy your files back onto the stick

also, just to make sure, this is a usb memory stick and not a sony style memory stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back