Row precharge Time..............auto
    RAS Pulse Width...................auto
    RAS toCAS delay..............auto
    Write Recovery cycle.........auto
    Bank Interleave.................auto
    SRAM Burst Lenght...........4QW
    SDRAN 1T command...........Disabled
    Fast R-2-R Turnaround.........Disabled

i want to manual set it but what are the best settings for me i have a MSI KT6V mobo
    AthlonXp 1800+
    and some one had the same mobo and CPU and overclock it till 2.4Ghz but i can't go over 1.6Ghz and i think it's because of the mem settings in my bios

:confused: please help

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

Sorry to dissapoint you... but you will never be able to overclock an XP 1800+ to 2.6GHz. And whoever told you they did is lying or is confusing 1800+ with 1.8GHz. Chances are you will never get any higher than what you are at now, even if you could get more out of it, you will never break the 2GHz barrier with an 1800+

I have an XP-M 2500+ default speed 1.8GHz, I can't get mine past 2.4GHz, some poeple have gotten theirs up to 2.7 and higher, but these are exceptional cases and still can only be reached on mobile cpu models (which due to the Athlon XP manufacturing process, are the best CPUs that come off the assembly line, they run stable at low voltages and stay alot cooler, which is why they overclock well)

I don't think that screwing with your mem timings will do anything but make your system unstable.

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

I agree, i have an xp 2000+ with a standard clock speed of 1.66 ghz. The most i can stably get out of it is 1.887 ghz.

Rik.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.