Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

My PC specs are as follows:

WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2
SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY LIVE!
INTEL PENTIUM 4 - 3.2GHZ
INSPIRE M5300 5.1 SPEAKERS
MERCURY EZ VIEW TV TUNER CARD (http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-addcards&subtitle=Add-On Cards&productid=653)

I recently installed a fresh copy of windows XP and installed the TV Tuner Card driver that came along with the package. The driver and application installed successfully. However following the installation I get this "found hardware" notification for "Multimedia Audio Controllers". I installed the driver (Conexant blah blah) that came with the TV Tuner Card Package. Things were pretty good and I cud get proper audio and video from the TV channels.

However, it so happened that when i closed the TV application and tried to start it again, the PC restarted automatically (Note: I have no internet connection yet and no viruses in the system as of yet. So viruses wouldnt be the reason for this). Following the restart and logon to the system, I clicked the TV application again and all I get is the video and no audio. Even the Fm application was not audible (previously audible). In device manager, I checked the Multimedia Audio Controllers and all I cud see was a yellow exclamatory mark implying drivers not installed. Tried installing the drivers again for the Multimedia Audio Controllers but to no use.

Pls. note that I'm using the audio from Soundblaster Audigy LIVE! Card and not the onboard audio.The hardware connections are correct and have been checked properly.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back