Message "out of range" displayed on monitor

By kew
May 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Increased screen resolution via display properties>settings>screen resolution. Pushed the slider all the way to the right, now monitor displays an "out of range" message and I cannot undo what I did. Help!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this Microsoft article.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. kew

kew Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the info however, fix link is for Windows ME, we're running XP Media & the fix did not work. Got another?
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

Uninstall your video card drivers from add remove programmes in your control panel. Reboot into normal mode and reinstall the drivers. then set your resolution to something the monitor can handle.

Regards Howard :)
  5. kew

kew Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank-you.Couldn't get to SAFE mode b/4, Tried and tried. Noticed msg in safe mode for system restore & THAT worked. Now I'm his hero (wish I could get him to remember 'garbage in, garbage out') Thanks again.
  6. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Sorry- waw linking this to someone else and things went south!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.