TechSpot

Messed up front page...

By Phantasm66
Sep 9, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Just fired up www.techspot.com right now and this was what I got....

[​IMG]

Refresh, reload browser, etc has no effect.

Just thought it was worth mentioning....

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,552   +301

15 minutes after you noticed that I fired up the page and it came up normally.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

As soon as I got online I noticed that and fortunately was around to fix the problem; I think Thomas didn't notice there was an iframe tag on that IE news post which caused the page to screw up a little bit.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 6,504   +6

I don't think that the problem was visible for long because I checked the site just before making dinner and it was fine.

5. TS | Crazyace

TS | Crazyace TS Rookie Posts: 329

sweet, for once it wasnt my fault!!

hehe..

6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

What's an iframe? :)

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

I can't offer you a technical explanation as I'm not a web developer, but rudimentary speaking, the iframe tag is used for inserting a separate page into another.

For example, most advertisements used on TS (specially those from Rydium), use iframe tags, so that the browser opens those into a separate page and loading of the ads is taken completely apart from the site itself.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.