Messed up overclocking. aid appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay guys this is my first post and im hoping i can get help with something.
recently i have begun experimenting with overclocking my pc and, during my misadventures, have managed to, apparently, do something horrible to my Pc bios.
until now i had been experimenting with the FSB only and had achieved good results. however i am aware of limitations to the FSB so today i tried to make use of increased voltage. i increased it from approximatly 1.2 to approx 1.35v. from what i understand this should not have been problematic, so i decided to try the FSB Turbo and MEM Turbo functions at, this is the best part, THE SAME TIME. Now i am very much aware that this was insanely stupid of me, power of hindsight (im no good at foresight), but after i hit the save button on the bios screen, the pc shutdown instead of restarting. i cannot start my pc up again. on turning on the power it starts for a few seconds and then shuts down again. i would prefer to achieve working capacity with my current components (restoring my bios to default along the way). however i am willing to replace the components that need to be.

the only thing i can come up at this moment would be to find the CMOS jumper on your motherboard and use it to reset CMOS settings...

Yup. Consult your motherboard manual. Either find the jumper in there and use it, or just look on your motherboard for a big silver battery. If you find the battery, unplug the computer, and pull out the battery. Leave it out for about 30 seconds, then put it back in. This will restore your BIOS to default.

It works once again!
All Hail the people of TechSpot!

seriously, you guys are awesome. specially the bit about the battery. i wouldnt have known where to start.

Thank you for your help.

:haha:
:giddy:

Also, don't remove the battery unless you absolutely have to. Look for a single lone jumper near the battery and, if there's two pins, try removing the jumoer or if there's three pins on the board, try switching the position of the jumper.

well, the good news is i havnt had any stability issues despite the whole battery removal "operation". but, for future reference, what are the dangers of removing the battery to your system?

Well, I've heard that touching both sides of the battery at the same time shorts out the battery and can kill the battery, I don't know whether that's true.

ok, I am going to ask another on an old MB and computer A7V333 Socket A Motherboard VIA KT333 Chipset DDR SDRAM, not the main computer and to be third, just now when boot I get a message CPU "no response to test"

Is there any one out there who can tell me how to boot this computer.

Jesse_hz said:
I've heard that touching both sides of the battery at the same time shorts out the battery and can kill the battery

Its true. The negative and positive ends of that battery are on its flat sides. But to do that, you'd need something conductive touching both at the same time, which is actually harder to do accidentally than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back