Messenger 6.0 final download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Spotted on Neowin that Microsoft has released the final version of the Messenger 6.0 client. If you use MSN a lot you might want to give this new version a shot, definitely should upgrade if you are running a beta version, too.

Update: Microsoft has included ads in this final build of Messenger, I'm mentioning this as I'm sure some of you won't like it at all.

I like the new messenger and it wont be long before someone posts a program to kill the ads.

the only really interesting improvements concern pictures and webcam integration and custom emoticons and backdgounds that's about all the new cool stuff

I downloaded MSN 6.0 this morning.
one additional feature is the ability to auto-save your chats.

I use chat quite a bit at work, chatting with clients, etc.
I know I'm always hitting ESC and loosing chat history.
So this feature far out-weighs the adds (similar to AIM) in my humble opinion.

Chris

Chat logs feature are a must-have that un-modded Messenger users couldn't enjoy until now.

Unofficial mod, Messenger Plus, has offered that for a long time now, and if you are using more than one IM program I would have to recommend Trillian, although there are many other similar programs out there, Miranda is a popular one @ Sourceforge, haven't tried it but is gaining popularity and it's open source, of course: http://www.miranda-im.org/

Just downloaded Miranda... very nice

consolidates my MSN & AIM... has lots of flexility in skin, etc...

C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back