MetalX help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

I think this is all bad, I'm begining to lose sleep over pc parts etc. I'm becoming a pc freak. I have one of those huge 24 centimeter fans on the side panel of a case im running, with a rear out take fan with a zalmans 9500 pushing the air towards the exhaust in the back, would this move air similar to or close to the set up on a silverstone tjo7?

Uhm... if you're gonna ask one specific person for help, wouldn't you just private message them?

Aren't you already using a tj07?

well im workin on a new rig, as I've become an enthusiest( I dont think I spelled that right, sorry med school is killing my brain cells) I'm playing a high resolution game and i notice that the very large fan on the new rig is blowing from the side panel directly on my 7950 gt and as I read reviews a lot of people are gettin temps 15 degrees higher than my own from ths large fan, tryin to figure out what's best. the 24 cm fan might be the secret of keepin my video card cool, which is important

P.S. i see you dont sleep as I dont, :)

Med school? What year? Uni?

In Australia, its in the afternoon. I had a break in my ward rounds this afternoon and I spent it in the hospital library :D

Now I just got home.

Anyway, back to the issue: Yes, that 24cm fan will help, especially if its blowing straight onto the video card. Of course, a 120mm fan will also do the job if positioned properly, but 240mm will definately be able to handle it. Problem with the 24mm is if it fails, you'll have a hard time getting a replacement, thats all.

yes med school. just got in with a 11 out of 15 on mcat, might transfer so I can go to school in Europe. Not sure, any insite? I'm the first to go to college in my families history so I'm kinda floating around

You're not in any college at the moment? How come you're busy then...

I don't have alot of insight on Europe/US/Canada medical schools, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. I barely even know what you guys cover.

I just started in the fall, september. so yes I'm still busy. Maybe I'll start residency soon. Have to learn these 800 page books first:)

?

Now I've got completely no idea what you're talking about. You just started med school and you're talking about starting residency.

Do you know the procedures of becoming a doctor? Med school, 2 semesters done then you can start residency here in U.S

not here in Aus, its 5 years of med school, 2 years of internship, then residency.

Depends. If you go to a "real" school like Johns Hopkins or Drexel for med school, rather than your local evening classes school, you take 4 years of classes (this is after you already have a degree in something) and then 3 years of residency, so 7 years total.

Oh I attend one of the better med schools in the are. And I'll make sure I'll not talk here when I'm drinking. I got that all messed up.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

This thread has drifted. Got my attention though :)

I'm not exactly sure what it is you need my help for though... I'd say you have a good setup with a 240mm fan on your case, I was going to buy a case with one of those the other day, except it was $100 and I only had $60 :(

Really, as long as whatever cooling setup you have keeps things cool, and the noise (if any) doesn't bother you, you should be fine.

lol you can have my old case with the 240mm fan if you want it. its a mid tower atx

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Lol, maybe next time I go to Windsor to see my grandparents :stickout: I'll just take a trip across the river for a bit ;)

My god, in the 5 minutes since I posted, you have not only posted, but had your post edited by a mod as well ;) You're fast at responding :) Those impatient jerks who come to TS and DEMAND that we help them ASAP, as if we are Tech Support and are obliged to help them, would love you because you respond fast. Then they wouldn't have to bump every 15 minutes :dead:

Don't be surprised, you'll find that many enthusiasts are young teens who have developed an interest in computers very early. A lot of people built their first computers in their very early teen years (myself included).

As for your question on how us youngsters know so much at so young, I can't exactly specify. But as for myself, I'm pretty sure I learned most of this stuff from forums (such as this) and from Google.

supersmashbrada said:
gtfo, you're 14, how'd you learn so much in such little time?

I'm only a few years older than MetalX, and I'm not even at my first year of dealing with computers....:grinthumb ! You'd be surprised what you can learn if you are really interested in something. In a year, I have gone from not knowing the difference of a Celeron and Pentium Processor to building my own computer, overclocking cpu and video card, telling fps w/o counter, (trying...damn lasers cut ;) ) to open up the extra pp's and vs's in my vid card (would have worked on another card), and giving advice and help all at the same time. Also knowing not to buy brand name computers :haha: !

Yea, I opened my first system at 12, and built my first system at 13.

Well what I actually did was buy a new system, but the store didn't have any in stock, so they sent me all the parts (or as close to them as they could find) for me to build myself.

It was a P4 2.26GHz, 512 RAM, Intel Mobo, Integrated graphics, 40GB IDE hard drive.

yeah you came a long way in a short period of time. I have as well. Guess you just got a 10 year jump on me, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back