Metro Last Light Lag Issues

DKRON

I have some major issues with uneven lag playing last light, for example the first walk around was pretty laggy on even low (20FPS) but I can cope when not actually doing anything important, and then when I went on the mission to find the last dark one it was amazing, have not had smoother gameplay ever. But then the next mission which was inside it got as bad as 5fps and even had audio lag which was completely unplayable.
My specs are :

i7 950
Sniper MB
12GB tripple channel 1600MHz
CrossfireX Sapphire 7870 OC (crossfire was working)

I am using AMD Catalyst 13.1 drivers though because 13.4 don't scale my screen in 1080p at all so I will try download 13.5 Beta 2 and see if they will work

Make sure PhysX is turned off. Also, you will want to use the most recent drivers for the best performance.

Use 13.6 Beta Drivers, they seem to work well on my 6990's for Metro: Last Light, and as blkfx1 said, turn PhysX off as it will not work well with it on on an AMD card setup unless you have a PhysX hack card.

I can only see 13.5? can you link me to 13.6 ?
Also I am aware amd don't work with PhysX so didn't even touch that

Great so now my monitor is 4cm in on each side of the screen, what is wrong with these stupid amd drivers

To fix that adjust your scaling in CCC.
  • Go to CCC
  • Open My digital-Flat panels tab
  • Click on scaling options
  • Then move slider all the way to the right (overscan)

Thanks for that one, would of saved me so many issues in the past. So im running 13.6 beta2 drivers at the moment and still getting huge lag problems, though I ran the benchmark tool and got 57fps average on it. Also I think it only happens when there is either alot of ai's or monsters around.

---UPDATE---- 13.8beta drivers have improved lag maybe 20% but still not really playable. May just wait till my next build when haswell-E chips come out and will put SLI GTX780's

Back