TechSpot

Mew? Newbie here! ^_^

By Kahami
Sep 7, 2006
  1. Hello all! My name is Kahami, and I am new to the forums. Instead of giving all of this boring information on myself, I'll tell what I know about my computers first!

Mothers Computer:
    Custom Built
    Windows XP Professional
    Pentium 4 CPU 40GHz
    2.41 GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    Virus Program: AVG Free

MY Computer:
    Rent-to-own (back in 1998)
    Compaq
    Windows 98
    Pentium 2 (I think)
    no clue on GHZ
    120 MB RAM (when my mom had hers upgraded, the man was nice enough to give me her old RAM. It origionally had 30-60 MB RAM)
    Virus Program: AVG Free

Info on me:
    Name: Kahami
    Computer Knowlage: I have a basic knowlage on what to do in most Virus situations! *clicks AVG* xD In all seriousness, I want to learn more (and try to fix the damage I have done on my moms, as well as my, computer.) I first got my Compaq, (Yes, I know now, they were crappy back then) around 1995-98. Having no computer knowlage whatsoever, I tinkered around with it and wound up having to use a restore disk to fix the damage I had done on it. I now desire to learn how to make the systems run better, and perhaps un-do some of the errors on MY behalf. (I will be moving to MI in a few months *hopefully*, so I want my moms computer to run like new before I go)

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Kahami and welcome to Techspot.

Click the second link in my signature and follow all the instructions exactly.

Then, open a new thread in our security and the web forum and post a fresh HJT log, only after completing the instructions.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.