TechSpot

Microphone Problems: everything should be working, but it's not.

By Liam72
Apr 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know this problem has happened to a few people but I can't actually find a solution on any of the previous threads. My microhphone (bundled with headphones that are working) WAS working until I formatted my drive but now whenever I try to record something with it, no sound gets through. Ive checked everything I can think of; having it muted; making sure it is selected as the default recording device etc. but it still isnt working!

Any information / help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

First, welcome to TS and hopefully we can be of help.

Did you reinstall all the required drivers for the sound card/on-board sound?
    Have you checked the mic in another device, (tape recorder) just to confirm it's working? Standard stuff: Control panel/sound&audio devices/Voice tab/voice recording, test hardware.

On my headset i have an on/off switch on the cable for the mic and accidently turned it off. Doh.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.