TechSpot

microphone problems

By Darkkaos
Dec 5, 2005
  1. I plug in my headphones microphone and it doesnt work. ; ; I tried it on my sister's computer but it worked just fine. I don't know why. I check the volume and stuff and there doesnt seem to be a problem. I put a new sound card, and Audigy 2 ZS and the sound still doesnt work.
    My motherboard right now is an 2004 RZ series motherboard made by Gigabyte. and the headset is from Radio shack.

Thank you in advance. I really dont know what to do ; ;. Thanks

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

so are you unable to use the onboard soundcard or the sound blaster?

3. Telly47

Telly47 TS Rookie

Well I have the same problem, so I thought I would join in without starting a new thread. I have Windows XP, Logitec mic that has worked on this computer before, but I had lots of trouble getting it to work in the past, have gone formated my comp several times since last mic used and now I cant remember what all I did to get it going. I have everything pluged in correctly(only the pink pin in the onboard audio). Control panel has Mic UN-muted, volume up, but no game or no voice recorded can hear even the littlest thing, so I am thinking it is a setting problem somewhere. Windows trouble shooting is worthless. Any ideas??
    Thanks.
    Ryan.

4. Darkkaos

Darkkaos TS Rookie Topic Starter

i am unable to use the microphone on both my on board sound and my audigy.

5. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

your prime suspect now is the microphone, you may need a break out cable to get the earpeice and the mic working at once, or the headset is faulty.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.