Microphone trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently read a post on these forums, but i cant seem to find it to reply in it, so im going to just start a new one..

basically, my microphone was working fine, no problems at all, then one day it just died and im like ok fair enough, maybe its the mic, went and bought a new mic and it doesnt work, but both mics work on my other computer.

its got something to do with soundMAX but i cant figure it out, and everytime i think i figure it out, its not it and i get more and more frustrated. what i have noticed though, is that when i open up the soundMAX control panel, my mic isnt muted and what not, but there is a little icon, like a yellow triangle with a ! in it, when i hover the mouse over it, it says "needs to be muted"

i think thats the problem but dont know how to fix it, ive also did what the previous post said and uninstall and reinstall but i still have the problem..

someone help me please :( im going out of my mind trying to fix it..

is it a front mic jack/line in jack or is it one in the back from an audio card or a built-in to the motherboard one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back