TechSpot

microphone troubles

By chicken
Jul 21, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recently i got a new pc(not great but it works for what i play) but i used a headset with a microphone attached to it when i first got it. recently i hooked up my speakers, and because thats the only mic i have i want to use it. but once i plugged in my speakers the mic stopped working. the headset works great. it's a compaq thing and i'm usinng the onboard audio

2. chicken

chicken TS Rookie Topic Starter

can i get no help.....

3. chicken

aperantly i cant.....

4. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

you've probably got something plugged into the wrong spot. try using known good headphones instead of speakers, and take a detailed look of your sound settings in wondows (and anything else you use to manage your soundcard).

5. chicken

well i checked and it was pluuged into the microphone jack, all the settings were fine, they havent changed scince i first got the headset.

i went and bought a new headset anyways and it was just the mic from the last one that was messed up, odd because it was a logitech mic

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.