Microsoft and Best Buy accused of scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
According to Reuters, Kim went into his local Best Buy and made a purchase using his debit card. Along with Kim's purchases, the checkout clerk scanned an MSN free trial disk. Kim says that he questioned why the disk was scanned and was told it was for stock-keeping purposes. He thought nothing more of it... For a while.

Some time afterwards he discovered that money was being debited from his bank account. It was going to MSN. Best Buy had passed Kim's debit card details to the Microsoft division and it had activated an account for him.

Read more: The Inquirer

LOL.....looks like they were looking for a little extra income....pretty sad its come to this for a company to make a few extra dollars....:eek:

That's better than AOL's practices...send you a digicam and then charge you for it...WON'T let you leave their service unless you either cuss them out, threaten to sue, or give them a really good reason.

By U.S law, anything sent to you unwillfully in the mail is yours to keep. You cannot be made to pay for it. ;)

Lots of book and CD companies tried these tricks in the late 80's and early 90's, but people started catching on and this practice declined since.

Why does this not surprise me about Microsoft? I am developing less and less respect for them as more and more of these incidents occur, what with their Palladium thing and all, makes me want to burn down their HQ :mad: !

I wish someone would send me a million dollars in the mail.

Hey, maybe I could rob a bank and say "It was sent to me in the mail, so its MINE now by law!" muahaha

lol

Heyas! Thats a brilliant idea!! *BRB :grinthumb *Alright, Im back - 1 mill richer...only prob is the FBI wants me to prove I got the money in the mail ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back