Microsoft beefs up Xbox Live's security to combat online fraud

By Matthew
Jul 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. With services being hacked left and right, Microsoft has acted on user feedback submitted in recent months by introducing new security measures to Xbox Live. Along with unexplained "security enhancements" implemented behind the scenes during Xbox Live's spring update, the……

Read more
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 505   +133

I hope gamertags now have a reset time (maybe a week) so that it is not convenient to steal one...
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,859   +343

it ticks me off that most of the time when we ask for increased security that companies increase security breach notifications. upgrade YOUR security, not the amount of times you tell us your security failed.
  4. This is very relevant to me. I just got my Xbox Live account hijacked by someone who seems to have put a stolen credit card on my account. Then they bought $250 worth of Microsoft Points. Does not matter to me because I never use credit cards with my xbox (just prepaid). I only realized I had been hijacked when I tried to add a prepaid code to my account, it would not take it because my account is locked down. Been on the phone with Microsoft for 3 days.

Now I can't get Battlefield 3 Premium *facepalm*

Gamertag: channelzero0

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.