Microsoft briefly reveals 'Windows TH' as name for upcoming OS

By Scorpus
Sep 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier today, Microsoft accidentally published their website detailing the impending Technical Preview of the next version of Windows, in the process revealing a new name for the OS. That name is 'Windows TH', as seen in the tabbed header alongside previous...

Read more
  2. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 805   +270

Oops, I accidentally made a whole page about an upcoming version of Windows.
  3. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,294   +662

TH: The Horror.
  4. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,800   +483

you say that, but win 9 is actually looking good from what we've seen so far.
  5. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 793   +216

The page and relevant info has probably been ready for a while now but just on test servers, this might have just been accidentally pushed to live. It does actually happen since it is all done by humans and we are not perfect. Or did you really think the pages are made on the fly 5 minutes before going live?
    spectrenad likes this.
  6. Actually TH might be an abbreviation for "Theta" which is the number 9 in the Ancient Greek numbering system.
    USAvenger and Opus like this.
  7. bielius

bielius TS Booster Posts: 211   +14

So we'll test...
  8. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,154   +197

Not sure about threshold as a name. Suggests I should wait for the next version.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

I'm actually looking forward to it, I'm confident it'll be a winner like XP and 7 were and it has to be, M$ can't afford another vote of no confidence. Hopefully this new CEO isn't as big a chump as Ballmer was.
  10. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

TH: Try Hard
  11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,758

I think I would have gone with, "Windows WC". (Who Cares).
  12. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,524   +288

Theta for 'nine' seems 'ok'. Hope it comes with features I will want and not just a remix. Price will matter and any screwy 'rental' schemes will not be well regarded.

We'll see.
  13. abysal

abysal TS Booster Posts: 106   +37

I guess calling it Windows 9 is stupid to the folks at Microsoft?
  14. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

Apple Trash Bin meets Windows Trash Holder. The combination promises to keep all your trash together, at long last.
  15. thejoe

thejoe TS Rookie

Windows 9 called 'TH' is likely short for 'Threshold'

Lke Windows8 should have been called Windows FU
  16. Zenodroid

Zenodroid TS Booster Posts: 131   +27

If only they would bring back E edition....
  17. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

Totally Hopeless
  18. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

So you think they will be flushed with success?
  19. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,758

I think they'll be flushed. As to whether they'll ultimately need a plunger to get rid of it, is anybody's guess..:oops:
  20. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

21. Obvious placeholder is obvious
  22. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

The placeholder is the word Windows, while everyone waits for something better.
  23. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

Ah yes Apocalypse Now, hmmm yes very good.
  24. Better OS? Linux trash that has bugs from decades ago? Like Bash? And OpenSSL? There is no real alternative to Windows yet that is mainstream and actually works instead of recompiling packages all day with proper support for 100% of devices that have decent drivers.
  25. Obvious;ly stands for Th Toms Hardware, the greatest Tech review site the world has ever seen.
    Amirite? *nerd*