TechSpot

Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

By thewoosterisroot
May 25, 2006
  1. Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah :(. I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys :)

2. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 541

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:
    seems like a very rare problem.

3. thewoosterisroot

thewoosterisroot TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 234

Hey thanks! Wow, i thought i tried just about everything, must've been out of it. Somehow i managed not to even think about checking the bios (total noobe mistake). I neglected to remember (if anyone has this board rem this tip), somehow when anything bad happens, it seems the bios always ends up changed...in weird ways. Anyway, renabled onboard audio (which i never disabled so :S), reinstalled drivers, and works great now. Thanks man.

yeah, seems very rare problem, that the kind i usually run in to.

4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 541

glad to hear you got it sorted. ;)

5. lorint

lorint TS Rookie

Fixing the "Microsoft Bus Driver" error message when installing a sound card driver

I ran into the same issue with a new little Sony laptop when I was installing a clean copy of XP. The driver is part of a QFE mentioned in Q835221 that you normally need to contact Microsoft Support to get. It isn't included in any XP service packs or other downloads, and not even Vista Beta 2 ships with it. The driver supports a new architecture for sound cards called Universal Audio Architecture (or UAA). The resolution I had found is available in this blog post:

http://geekswithblogs.net/lorint/archive/2006/06/11/81540.aspx

6. funkygarzon

funkygarzon TS Rookie

altheman i want know the detail guide of the manual states cos i don't have that ,

i want to know ,how to connect the mboard front panel ,please guide me i am newbbies

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.