Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah :(. I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys :)

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:
Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.
(DAMMIT!)

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard :) )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.

seems like a very rare problem.

Hey thanks! Wow, i thought i tried just about everything, must've been out of it. Somehow i managed not to even think about checking the bios (total noobe mistake). I neglected to remember (if anyone has this board rem this tip), somehow when anything bad happens, it seems the bios always ends up changed...in weird ways. Anyway, renabled onboard audio (which i never disabled so :S), reinstalled drivers, and works great now. Thanks man.

yeah, seems very rare problem, that the kind i usually run in to.

Fixing the "Microsoft Bus Driver" error message when installing a sound card driver

I ran into the same issue with a new little Sony laptop when I was installing a clean copy of XP. The driver is part of a QFE mentioned in Q835221 that you normally need to contact Microsoft Support to get. It isn't included in any XP service packs or other downloads, and not even Vista Beta 2 ships with it. The driver supports a new architecture for sound cards called Universal Audio Architecture (or UAA). The resolution I had found is available in this blog post:

http://geekswithblogs.net/lorint/archive/2006/06/11/81540.aspx

altheman i want know the detail guide of the manual states cos i don't have that ,

i want to know ,how to connect the mboard front panel ,please guide me i am newbbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back