TechSpot

Microsoft Corporation instead of Windows startup?

By ched123
Mar 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I have an OS of windows 7 professional 64bit. And I have a VGA and DVI-i cord. But when I plug my VGA to VGA of my monitor to the video card it shows on the boot up "Windows Startup" with the logo of the windows But when I plug my DVI-i to DVI-i of my monitor to the video card it show on the boot up "Microsoft Corporation" and doesnt have a windows logo.... Can anyone help me? Might be the settings
    My video card: MSi N430 Gt
    monitor: Samsung Syncmaster EX1920X
    I want to use DVI-i instead of VGA so that I could use Nvidia Scaling.
    Thanks

2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

This is just a video driver setup issue. I suspect your driver is set up to show a desktop spread over two monitors, not the same desktop on two monitors. Only one of the monitors will then show the logo, the quick-start, the buttons etc.

This is called twin-monitor working. Once you see that in action you never want to go back to a single monitor....why, I set up some people with onboard video chip and a card with both vga and DVI to actually have three monitors...and they love it.

3. ched123

ched123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Please help me

Can you teach me how to fix it? Because this just happened when 2 different monitor.. One vga to vga and one dvi to dvi.. After I unplugged it and plug 1monitor.. It happened just like this.. Can you help me please? I need to fix this.. But I dont know how to.. T_T Please help me..Please... Is it the settings?