Microsoft delivers on promise to fix Skype chat syncing

By Shawn Knight
Feb 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It's been nearly three months in the making but Microsoft is finally delivering on a promise to fix an annoying issue that has plagued Skype users for several months.

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

About damn time...
  3. I use the desktop version of Skype on Windows. Sometimes I'll sign in and immediately hear either the message sound or the file-transfer sound from a conversation that took place the day before. It's kind of annoying. Also I'll notice that my messages don't get delivered right away (the spinning circle shows up next to them), and my friends would say the same thing (that they said something like 20 minutes ago and I just now got it) I've never had these kinds of problems using any other messenger. I've been thinking about switching to another video-call client, but I guess I'll wait this one out and see if it gets any better.

Since we're talking about Microsoft and messengers, I wish they never discontinued MSN Messenger :(
    I used to love playing the games on there with a friend. Solitaire Showdown, do a puzzle together, Minesweeper Flags, and so many others. Skype used to have a game option in the tools menu, but that's long gone. I don't remember it ever working anyway...
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

I would swear facebook is just a bad a culprit on my ipod.