Microsoft error page

MariDLF

My Dell laptop running Windows 7 opens a page that says to call Microsoft so I called and I was told that it needed a one time removal of errors and a full system tune up... what I want to know is can you guys help me with this... the # I called is 1-800-***-****

Last edited by a moderator:
No way would Microsoft operate like that and it's unfortunate that you called the number. I don't know what was going on when the message appeared but I'd run some quality anti-malware software as soon as possible to check for infections. MalwareByes and SAS are good and are free. There are tune up programs to purchase but you can maintain your system just as well by occasionally running CCleaner (freeware) which is very unlikely to harm your computer.

Can you please help me remove all the adware errors that are on my laptop.... and how do I prevent this page opening on internet explorer when it is not even my primary browser I preferrably use Firefox and to be honest I noticed alot of popups after my son downloaded google chrome and I haven't been able to uninstall it.... please help I totally trust your advice and thanks in advance ;)

First efforts:

1. start->run->cleanupmgr
  2. do that again as runas /user:administrator cleanupmgr
  3. for each browser, get to the Addons and Extensions and disable them all
  4. empty browser cache and history
reboot
try FF first and then IE

report back your status

Lower-left corner of the monitor is the Windows Logo - - that's the START button
in the popup, a search box is then at the bottom.
just enter CMD and hit enter

The in the b/w screen, type the other commands

Startup is also really slow is there any way I can speed it up and also how can I check for viruses or adware?

As my first post : Malwarebytes and SAS. If you look in the downloads section of this forum you will most likely find safe downloads for the free versions of these programs. Full scans will take a longish time but it's better to be thorough. Also CCleaner is another free download which will tidy things up. CCleaner has a Tools option and if you look there you'll see a tab for StartUp. That will show you all the stuff that starts up when Windows boots up. Preventing unnecessary programs from starting up together with Windows usually speeds thing up noticeably.

You have no DVD drive and that makes me wonder if this is a 10" netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. If so performance is going to be pretty anaemic due to the hardware spec.

Get us something to work with here . . .
<ctl><alt><del> and get the Task manager; click the Processes atb
bottom left says Processes nn CPU % Phy Mem %
report these please

get the system specs:
right-click on the Computer icon ->properties
bottom left: Performance Info CLICK it
there are two (?) and the the first reads "What do these numbers mean? To the right is View & print detailed ... CLICK it
wait for it and there's lots of details

<ctl>a to select all and then COPY it

Now come back to this thread and paste your system specs

Back