Microsoft Flight Simulator X(annoying Demo Problem)(not like the other one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I get the download, start it up and press fly now(even with all the graphics on low) it says "loading terrain data" but when it hits 100% it just sits there and the screen flickers, I can hear the sound; but no game?!?!?!?

here are the Reqs:
* Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
* Processor: 1.0 Ghz
* RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
* Hard Drive: 14GB
* Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible
* Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones
* Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play

here is my stuff:
Windows XP SP2
Processor:2.4 Ghz
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 80GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440(with DirectX 9)
Headphones
Cable/DSL(better than 56K)

can someone tell me whats happening???
its annoying me so much cuz MFSX is like, my dream game!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please don`t bump threads until at least 24 to 36 hours have elapsed without a reply. Thanks.

Have you tried uninstalling and redownloading the demo?

I don`t know if this`ll help, but maybe it`s worth a try.

Other members may have better ideas.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440(with DirectX 9)

Maybe that's your main problem. That is a hardware Direct X 8.1 card. FSX requires a hardware DirectX9 card.

It doesn't matter if you have DX9.0c installed, the card will be DX 8.1 anyway.

Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

wolfram said:
Maybe that's your main problem. That is a hardware Direct X 8.1 card. FSX requires a hardware DirectX9 card.

It doesn't matter if you have DX9.0c installed, the card will be DX 8.1 anyway.

Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

As wolram, pointed out, if your video card doesn`t support directX9.0c, it just won`t work.

A graphics card update is probably in order.

I told you someone may have a better idea than me lol.

Regards Howard :)

I had the same problem and what I did to fix it was:
I closed everything down on my taskbar but the sound horn and my virus protection, and I hit [ALT Ctrl Delete] and I End a few things that im not really useing and then the Demo worked super for me.
Hope this works out.

Badgerock

yeah but i never have anything up with it, and woram it should run fine cuz i can view plane models, ECT.
its just the thing wont show after loading?!

just bought FSX deluxe, problems and more problems, installed ok but trying to play the thing is a different story, takes ages to load a flight, then it freezes, when i choose a command it might do it and if it does its a long time too late.

My system it pretty outdated but it seems to fall into the recomendations of the game -
When installed i have 20gb space on the hard drive (gotta tidy it up one day)
intel pentium 4 CPU1.8 ghz, 512 RAM, 256MB Nvidia FX 5500 geforCE.

Unsure at the moment.
egcc

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

Make sure you have the latest video, audio, and chipset drivers for your motherboard. Also, defragmenting your hard drive can help to reduce the loading times.

On my system, (specs on profile), it takes some time to load a flight. FS9 loads much faster, I dunno why FSX takes more time.

And maybe you can try reducing the game's resolution and details, maybe then it'll work properly.

Regards :wave:

Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB 100% DirectX 9.0c video card with Pixel Shader 2.0
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (Microsoft Corporation) (GeForce FX 5500) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.

RESULTS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 256.0 MB with Direct X 9.0c.
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

It says my video card has failed And my CPU?

CPU recommendation for the game 1.0 Ghz I have 1.8Ghz This site -http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest Says I need 2.4 Ghz. (why don't they say this is recommended on the actual game?

Flight sim X

I hope what im about to post helps with queries about MS FSX and performance issues.

I have a pretty high end system, AMD X2, 2GB RAM, Geforce 7900 etc....so I bought Flight sim X believing it should run well on my PC since i was well above the min spec, however after buying and installing the game it ran very very poorly, I had better performance out of an asthmatic horse!

In a fit of anger i decided to contact Microsoft to complain and was advised the game was developed for Windows Vista and not XP, although it will work on XP but only at the very lowest settings!!

So I did query in a very unpleasent manner with my less than helpful MS support engineer why bother releasing a game for an operating system thats not even released yet and was told that cause it does run on XP there was no point holding it back!!!!! (?????) Good MS logic there!

I have been anticipating the release of FSX for ages now and im completely disappointed by the lack of development MS put into it to get it working on XP, so if you want it to run really well stick it up on your shelf, go back to FS9 and wait for Vista to come out. Thats what MS advised me to do!

Ms in full support of their customers then, why make money later when you you can make it now.

I'll send the game back, by the time i'm vista compatible the game will be alot lot cheaper..lol. I want to hear the views of my local pc store.

Back to my trusted 2004 edition.

Demo X

Had Same Problems
Got New Tower=compaq - Processor Amd Athlon 3800
Came With 1g Ram Added 1g =2g
Came With Nividia Force Video Card 1/2 G
Added Second Force Card 1/2 G Which Interfaced
With First Card = 1 G
Since This Upgrade I Am Running Flat Out Graphics
And No More Freezing Or Lock Ups Works Great
Goodbye Frustrations

Jamesmarie

Hey Guys!

Well !!! i have Pentium 4 AMD dual core x2 with 2 GB DDR2 RAM, and NVIDA Gforece 7950 / 512 MB Real. So sounds that i shouldn't have any problem with FSX !! But i've got the same problem , it's going Run but when you make the quality on High, it's so sllow. even i install the Windows VISTA but still the same !! i don't know what's microsoft poit about it.! but for me that i play FS about 4 Years it's make me crazy. coz i just upgrate my computer only for flight Simulator X !

you must run no higher than medium high.
computer makers have not yet been able to meet the high settings yet
even nasa spends millions to achieve this.
I don't have a million so I live with medium high

JamesMarie

I recently upgraded my PC to run Vista Ultimate. Previously, MFSX ran well (albeit a little slow) on XP with this machine. Now I have the problem of the original post i.e. the loading process completes and then the screen blanks out, occasionally flashing an ultra-low-res depiction of the game on the screen (sound is working).

I have a 3.2 GHz machine with 2 GBytes RAM and two monitors running off an NVidia GeForce 7900 GSOC card. If this machine can't handle it, heaven help anyone else.

Any advice or guidance? I have upgraded device drivers and reinstalled the game, of course.

Same here

I've got exactly the same problem as in original post, game starts but when goiing to fly screen comes on and back of again also the 100% bar shows up every 2 seconds. Not with demo but with full game. I have A intel Quad core Q6600, nvidia 8600 GTS (with dual screens), 4 GB DDR II, 1.5 TB hd.
Running windows vista premium.

:confused: :confused:
Does anyone know how to fix this???

Might be the solution

Problem is due to dual screen graphics card.

h t t p :// support.microsoft.com/kb/933590/en-us?spid=11941&sid=global

This might be the somution, i'll try it out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back