TechSpot

Microsoft: IE9 adoption "about five times higher" than that of IE8

By Emil
Apr 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced that so far, the adoption rate of Internet Explorer 9 is about five times higher then what the company saw for Internet Explorer 8 in the same time frame. Over 90 percent of IE9 downloads (through March 27) came from non-IE9 RC and non-Beta users, and over a quarter came from Chrome and Firefox users.

Read the whole story

2. tacobfm

tacobfm TS Rookie Posts: 59

I downloaded it for the hulu plus free trial.

3. I downloaded it for the free copy of Chrome and Firefox I could download through it. ;)

4. Mamoon69

Mamoon69 TS Rookie Posts: 17

IE9 crashes alot. IE8 is extremely stable compared to IE9 (latest release)

5. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

I have been running IE9 since the release candidate and now the production version, have not experienced the type of problem you are describing. Perhaps I just don't understand what you mean by crashes a lot.

6. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior TS Rookie Posts: 149

I think he meant "than".

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,967   +955

That's actually a tough call. Although if you're a purist, you would have to change the "what" to "when", plus a bit of surgery on the prepositional phase.

As it stands, since IE-8 was released in the past, it's sort of a "then". Meh, but it's probably more of a than. :confused:

In direct, (but slightly indirect), response to the topic, does that 5X multiplier ratio extend to include Windows 7 to Vista adopters also?

8. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior TS Rookie Posts: 149

No....no, it's 'than'. It's comparing two things. "The adoption rate of IE9 is five times higher THAN what the company saw for IE8". It's not a tough call. 'Than' is the correct spelling.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.