TechSpot

Microsoft intros SideWinder X4 gaming keyboard

By Matthew
Feb 1, 2010
  1. With a growing affinity for gaming and media-related hardware, Microsoft has introduced the SideWinder X4 keyboard. Redmond claims the SideWinder X4 gives gamers more control over their gaming experience with the "industry's most advanced anti-ghosting technology."

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,388   +425

How come no one makes an ergonomic gaming keyboard??

3. Serag

Serag TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

@Tom
    Exactly my thoughts once I saw the pic of the keyboard :D
    Some nice features tho especially anti-ghosting...

4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

26 keys at once?! The only time I use that expression is when I face-plant my keyboard because some l33t hax0rz sniped me through the walls and my my spawn point, again. I can't think of a helpful macro to run in that situation. But for shorter key combinations, I'll be set with this baby!

5. ToGGoT

ToGGoT TS Rookie

Bah, Anti-ghosting does NOT mean full N-key rollover. Yes, you can press UP to 26 keys at once, but its the 26 keys THEY have decided you can do that with... You can guarantee that as soon as you start mapping the keyboard for more complex games you will find two keys that dont work together.

On a UK keybaord i find that "\" and the Left shift are usually an issue.

6. maestromasada

maestromasada TS Rookie Posts: 97

Will this keyboard stand my frustration when I lost? I love punching the keys, but the problem is that they come out so eassly and then they don't fi it properly, and the legs alwasys break in the first heat. ARe you guys aware of any proof-punching keyboard?

Tx

7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

Punch it to your heart's content.

8. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 830

-1 for originality. Looks like a stripped down G15

9. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 552

Lol nice!

10. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 213

Dont know of a keyboard that does, but I saw a review of a laptop a while back that survived being shot by a .22 and being mangled by a tiger, and stepped on my an elephant

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/23/toughbook-tiger-elephant-technology-personal-test.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.