Microsoft is offering 31.4% off Dell's XPS 13 laptop to celebrate Pi Day

midian182

Staff member

For those who don’t know, today is National Pi Day (3/14). As a way of celebrating everyone’s favorite irrational number, Microsoft is offering a 31.4 percent discount on Dell’s XPS 13 2016 Edition laptop when bought from its store.

The Pi-based discount only applies to the entry-level Core i5 non-touch model, taking its price down to $685.31 from $999. Other XPS 13 variants are getting discounts of $200; this means you can get your hands on a top-end i7 model with 16GB of RAM for $1799 instead of $1999.

The 31.4 percent Pi Day discount is also being applied to Dell’s Inspiron 13 2-in-1 and Inspiron 15 laptop, which will be available for $685.31 and $513.81 respectively. The three Pi discounts cover the Microsoft Signature Edition laptops, meaning they come with a reduced amount of bloatware.

Today also brings a promotion for the Raspberry Pi; anyone who buys a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B bundled with an 8GB MicroSD card will receive a free Pi 2 Power Supply.

In addition to the Pi Day discounts, Microsoft has now started its spring sale. Some of the offers include $100 off the 128GB and 256GB i5 versions of the Surface Pro 4, as well as money-off several other PCs, monitors, and accessories.

Those looking to pick up a Xbox One, meanwhile, will be able to get $100 off the Kinect bundle. There’s also a deal where buyers of Microsoft’s console will receive Grand Theft Auto V and another game free with select bundles.

The Pi deals are only for today, and the spring sale discounts will continue as long as stocks last.

Permalink to story.

Still over priced and with some of the previous comments about Dell, I'm not going to be buying anything from them anytime soon .....

Won't buy another Dell since my old XPS15 died that cost an arm and a leg. And I didn't really use it much.

Back