Microsoft Keyboard/ F Lock Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitch

HEy everyone, I have the Microsoft Wireless Multimedia keyboard 1.0a (what it says on the bottom), anyways my question is about the driver, Intellitype pro 5.5

Anyhoo, with 5.5 I can change the function of all the special keys like volume, media, mail, web/home, mute and all that. The problem is when I press certain keys a little helpful box pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. For usual windows browsing this is nice, but while playing a full screen game such as CS:S it screws up the video and will sometimes minimize the game.

The keys is does this with is the volume level, caps locks toggle, and the F Lock. (There may be others but those are the main problems.

I was just wondering if there is an option or a fix out there to turn off the notifications (I like the driver which lets me change songs without pulling up winamp)

Also, for anyone fimiliar with the F Lock you know how annoying it is, is there any way to leave that on like with Num Lock?

sorry if this was long, and thanks for any responses

really guys this isint killing me, but does anyone have any input whatsoever?

You only gave 14 minutes between bumping. DO NOT do this, you aren't going to get help any quicker if you complain more. If you want help instantly pay the money and call microsoft.

well usually the techspot community is very helpful, but not this time. anyway, i got the popup notification to dissapear by using the drivers under an advanced option on each individual key. on the other hand the F lock still queries me and i dont think theres an easy fix(I.E. software option) maybe they should just add it to the bios as is the case with the num lock key.

sorry for reposting, as you can see im a newcomer to forums and i dont know what "bumping" is so maybe explain that to me? i just reposted because i thought people would come read if they saw more replies

sorry for anything and thanks for the help

everyone here is a volunteer. Knowledge and experience vary greatly. Whether members choose to respond is their prerogative. Attitudes like that don't get very far here.

i didnt know i was carrying any sort of attitude, i simply stated no one could help me. Its just such a shock to me becuase the techspot community is usually very quick and helpful.

lol its a little funny how well I got replies to fix my forum "attitude" but when it comes to any kind of suggestion to fix my PC problem I get nada.

life's to short to get mad at people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back